To coincide with the Field Guide launch, Vizient will host a public webinar, featuring Ronald Steptoe, CEO at Warrior Centric Health , and Dr. Evelyn Lewis, CMO at Warrior Centric Health titled “Improving Care for Veterans”.
The Webinar will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018
12 p.m. Eastern | 11 a.m. Central | 10 a.m. Mountain | 9 a.m. Pacific
For many veterans the wounds of war linger after they return to civilian life. Unfortunately, they face an ongoing battle for their health and sometimes struggle to get care in commercial healthcare settings that is tailored to their unique needs. Aside from health disparities, military culture and reintegration into civilian life impact veterans’ experience of care when seeking treatment. Because the commercial healthcare system treats the majority of veterans in the U.S., this is becoming a significant issue that needs to be addressed. Knowing a patient’s veteran status can help the healthcare system provide high quality care tailored to the needs of our veteran patient population.
JOIN US ON NOVEMBER 6 @ 11 AM CT TO LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE CARE FOR VETERANS IN COMMUNITY-BASED AND ACADEMIC HEALTHCARE FACILITIES.
Date and time:
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:00 pm Eastern; 11:00 am Central
- 1 hour
- Discuss health issues specific to or disproportionately affecting veterans.
- Identify unique factors that providers should take into consideration to effectively treat and manage the health of veterans.
- Explain the value of collecting and analyzing veteran status data.
- Evelyn L. Lewis, MD, MA, FAAFP, DABDA | Chief Medical Officer, Warrior Centric Health, LLC
- Ronald J. Steptoe, CMR, DABDA | CEO, Warrior Centric Health, LLC
Warrior Centric Health® (WCH) is the nation’s first commercial health equity solutions provider. WCH provides decision-support data and analysis, training, and community outreach solutions to healthcare providers and institutions to optimize care for vulnerable populations – such as veterans and their families – who share unique health and wellness issues. The Warrior Centric Health Solution Suite is a rigorous set of tools to optimally communicate with as well as care for veterans and their families—as much as 25% of the population in the hospitals’ communities.