Ellicott City, MD, May 2, 2019 – Warrior Centric Health (WCH)®, the nation’s first commercial health equity solutions provider, will soon release a new set of e-learning modules developed specifically to train private sector healthcare professionals to care for military Veterans and their families more effectively. These modules will roll out through the second and third quarters of 2019.
FULLY ACCREDITED COURSES ENSURE COMPETENCY
Warrior Centric Health’s e-learning courses are all fully accredited. When successfully completed, the participant receives CME/CE credits/contact hours and a certificate, which can be used to verify competency.
Current Warrior Centric modules include:
- Military and Veteran Culture in the Clinical Setting
- Cultural Competency in the Military and Veteran Communities
- Clinical Workshop: Neurobiology of PTSD and TBI
- Patient and Provider Communication in the Military and Veteran Communities
The new modules launching in 19Q2 and 19Q3 include:
- Lupus and the US Military Veteran Patient Population
- Non Pharmacologic Low Back Pain Management and the US Military Veteran Patient Population
- Pulmonary Hypertension and the US Military Veteran Patient Population (CME Series)
- Care for Vietnam Veterans and their Families
- Care for Women Veterans and their Families (CME Series)
- Caregivers in the Military and Veteran Community
- Advanced Communication Skills for Optimizing Care for the Veteran Community
- Advanced Customer Service Skills for Optimizing Care for the Veteran Community
- Patient and Family Engagement in the Military and Veteran Community
WCH Veteran Health eLearning begins to answer an increasing demand and need in our nation. As much as 25% of the population may be affected by chronic health issues related to military service, but less than 13% of Veterans receive all their care from the Veteran’s Health Administration. This leaves the vast majority (87%) of Veterans seeking and receiving care in the nation’s private healthcare systems. There are approximately 10 million healthcare providers, allied healthcare professional, and supportive service personnel who are not aptly equipped to service the unique health needs of the military and veteran communities.
THE FIRST PROGRAM OF ITS KIND
The new online training modules, combined with Warrior Centric’s existing courses, form the first comprehensive program that provides clinicians and patient care support staff with up-to-date evidence-based data, recommendations, and strategies on how to safely and effectively care for Veterans and their families. The modules typify the Warrior Centric approach, fulfilling clinical requirements in a convenient training platform designed to enhance the learning experience.
WARRIOR CENTRIC HEALTH’S COMPREHENSIVE, ONLINE LEARNING MODULES PREPARE HOSPITALS TO OPTIMALLY CARE FOR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
By implementing Warrior Centric Health education, providers will be able to make more appropriate clinical management decisions, deliver more informed care to veteran patients, and improve patient safety and outcomes while optimizing care delivery and reducing costly readmissions. Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, and Nurses will all find these courses useful.
ABOUT WARRIOR CENTRIC HEALTH
Warrior Centric Health provides hospitals solutions to quickly achieve measurable results in Veteran Health. The WCH solution, which includes comprehensive cultural and clinical training as well as decisions support data and community outreach tools, is the only fully realized solution available to commercial hospitals, health systems, retail and employer clinics, family practices, and medical schools. The company’s goal is to provide hospitals with the tools to educate their staff on understanding of the importance of military and veteran culture, cultural competency, and the ability to effectively communicate with service members, Veterans, and their families. In addition, hospital staff will gain a greater appreciation for the differences in military service, military culture, rank, veterans, gender issues, age, values and beliefs, socio-economics, race, ethnicity and religion.
For information about Warrior Centric Health’s online Veteran Health training, contact Ron Steptoe, CEO, at (833) 924-4376.
Editor’s Note: For media inquiries, please contact Kate Van Name, COO, at (833) 924-4376.